South Korean company Samsung on August 23 revealed the launch date of its new budget friendly smartphone Z2. The smartphone will be available from August 29 in retail stores and in online, it will be exclusively available at Paytm. The device comes with a price tag of Rs. 4,590. So it’s pretty clear that Samsung has entered the low budget, 4G enabled devices aimed at the Indian market.
One of the main features of Samsung Z2 is that the device comes with Reliance Jio preview offer – that is free 4G data and access to other Jio premium services for 90 days. It was first available only with Lyf smartphones but now Samsung also has it and users who would like to have a branded device with Reliance Jio, this phone will be the best choice.
Is Samsung Z2 Worth Buying?
As a budget-friendly 4G smartphone, we can’t expect big numbers in specification sheet of this but Samsung has managed to come up with decent components. Let’s have a look into it.
- The device runs on Tizen OS, which is an open sourced system with the support of Samsung and Intel. The OS is based on Linux and one can completely customize the OS. It’s worth noting that the OS is completely different and Android Apps may not work on Tizen OS. There seems to be no official statement that Android Apps can be installed on this series of smartphones but there’s an alternative option available. On the Tizen App store, there is an ‘Open Mobile’s Application Compatibility Layer’ app which enables you to install Android apps to the phone.
- One of the main selling points Samsung has for this device is the 4G connectivity. And the complimentary access to Reliance Jio services makes it worth trying.
- The smartphone is powered by a 1.5GHz Quad-core processor coupled with 1GB RAM and 8GB internal memory. The storage is expandable up to 128GB.
- 1500mAh battery with Ultra Power Saving mode, LYF Flame has a 1750mAh battery. The battery could have been better.
- 4 inch (10.16 CM) WVGA TFT display – Wide Video Graphics Array screen, which is from the VGA family.
- 5 MP primary camera.
- A reasonable price of Rupees 4,590 in India, for a 4G phone.
That said, go for this if you already have a smartphone and would like to have a secondary device but can’t compromise on 4G connectivity. The device will be available online at Paytm from August 29, 2016.