With the launch of Xiaomi’s Mi Note 2, Xiaomi has revealed another model in the Mi series – the Xiaomi Mi MIX. With a quick look, I find it a really sleek smartphone with powerful hardware as well as premium aesthetic features. Xiaomi, this time, seems to have put more effort to make the device look minimal, with all high-end specifications. Minimal, I mean, they have even replaced the earpiece.
Here are the best features of Xiaomi Mi MIX
- Impressive conceptual look with a screen to body ratio of 91.3 %.
- 6.4-inch edge to edge display.
- Back and buttons are made of ceramic, which gives enhances its premium appearance.
- No visible sensors; it uses ultrasound technology instead of a proximity sensor.
- No infrared sensors.
- But the device does have other major sensors including NFC.
- Uses piezoelectric speaker rather than the conventional method.
- The smartphone runs on the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 (the processor which is used in Google Pixel)
- It can give a snappy performance when switching apps, multi-tasking with the 4 GB / 6 GB RAM variants.
- The company has not compromised with regards to battery capacity. Xiaomi is packed with a big 4,400 mah battery, with Quick charge 3.0 enabled.
- 16-megapixel primary camera and 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It’s expected that this blazing device will be available from November first week. And there couldn’t be a massive number of units of this smartphone as it’s pretty difficult to manufacture, with curved edges and ceramic body. However, Xiaomi wants the first in smartphone title badly. We can expect more smartphones in 2017 with such advanced technology in terms of display as well as sensors. And the price will also be an important factor as many of us don’t want to spend thousands of dollars on a phone. That said, Xiaomi Mi MIX manages to keep the cost of the smartphone about $590, which is a pretty reasonable price when considering the features.